We are seeking a bright and highly motivated Research Associate to participate in a growing, fast-paced biologic laboratory. The successful candidate will participate in and develop competencies in a wide variety of techniques in the fields of cell and molecular biology, biochemistry and immunology and will be able to develop independence to manage multiple projects. Additionally, the successful candidate will demonstrate and personally develop collaborative and professional skills used in client services. The candidate will have input into the scientific as well as the business aspects of the company.
Marin Biologic Laboratories is a rapidly growing company that performs research for the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. We are located in the North Bay, within commuting distance of San Francisco and the East Bay. Our corporate culture is casual, friendly and professional. There is a significant opportunity to advance your career scientifically as well as in the business arena. For more information, see www.marinbio.com.
- BS or MS degree in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology or a related scientific discipline
- 1-6 years industry experience
- Broad-based scientific background or an individual who is highly motivated to learn many different techniques
- Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel and curve fitting
- Excellent English communication and writing skills
Preferred (one or more of the following):
- Protein purification and characterization by SDS-PAGE, Western blot, ELISA and immunological methods
- Mammalian cell culture, bioassays and high throughput cell-based assays, growth and maintenance of adherent and non-adherent cell lines, transient and stable transfection of DNA, and characterization of hybridomas
- Experience in basic molecular biology and biochemical techniques, including PCR cloning, Northern/Southern/Western analysis and protein expression and purification
Marin Biologic provides an attractive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email your resume including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.