Marin Biologic Laboratories is looking for a creative Ph.D. scientist with excellent communication and writing skills. Our preference is a scientist with GLP/GMP regulatory experience, can manage multiple projects and staff. The scientist will help develop proposals and manage cell-based functional assays, immunological assays, ELISA, QPCR and other assays using traditional and innovative new methods. The successful candidate should have the desire to be part of a fast-paced, rapidly evolving organization.
Marin Bio provides innovative contract research and development for the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries. We perform a wide variety of cutting edge projects (including GLP/GMP regulated) that typical span several scientific fields (cell biology, immunology, molecular biology and biochemistry). Our culture is supportive and casual, but professional.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Excellent English, written and oral communication skills
- Ph.D. with 4 or more years of industry experience
- Strong laboratory skills and ability to analyze, interpret and trouble-shoot experiments
- Manage research associates thought the successful completion of projects, including timelines and budget
- Demonstrate time and resource management, interpersonal, organization and leadership skills
- Write research/development proposals and reports
- Communicate the status of projects and related issues to senior management.
- Establish and maintain relationships client companies to ensure smooth communication and functioning between organizations as proposal and project progresses
- Strong motivation, attention to detail, ability to think independently and fully integrate into a high achieving team environment
- Identify and track critical path laboratory issues and activities; enlist key people to resolve these obstacles in order to expedite each project through all stages of development
- Contribute to strategic decisions by team; lay out alternatives, analyze implications of choices, represent fiscal perspective in decision making; develop solutions to issues as they arise
- Support a culture of innovation that promotes teamwork and optimizes performance
Marinbio offers competitive compensation and benefits and is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please send resume and a cover letter to email@example.com .